Day/Time: Individualized Mentoring Program Option. Four-session package, 50 minutes each ($240/$60 per session)--individual sessions normally billed at $75 per hour.
Dates: Mutually determined but weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly
Mentor/Counselor: Jim Stoner
Who can benefit: innovators, inventors, writers, artists, songwriters, business owners, and other creatives
Take a deep dive into how you want to shape your art practice and define the next steps toward your goals. This may include me providing you with feedback on your creative work and practice. In this guided mentoring program, I facilitate your growth through mentorship. I assist you to remove internal and external barriers that prevent you from moving forward to make the most of your talents. I conduct assessments to help determine your values, strengths, and challenges to enable you to create an insightful success plan to achieve your creative goals. Through individualized mentorship, I assist you in planning and setting goals for your art and/or creative work and/or business.
Often creatives struggle with having an enormous amount of natural talent and many innovative ideas but have difficulty realizing them in the physical world. This is often the most rewarding part of creation! I will help you overcome your struggles. I am a source of constructive feedback, encouragement, and motivation. My goal is to help you discover your creative and artistic voice and desires so that you can represent yourself more authentically. I then assist you to create a plan that is tailored to your own needs. I will work with you to develop actionable plans and measurable goals. I will help you to envision results, all while allowing for the flexibility and resilience that is so critical to creative work. I also provide follow-up to create a sense of accountability and self-discipline.
**When you register and pay via PAYPAL, they hold your money for up to 21 days before transferring it to Jim Stoner Artistry.
See more details about Individualized mentoring below.
I provide a session prep form that will help guide and focus our work on each session. We are in a sense creating a “contract” for what you personally want to discuss and work on in the session. I sometimes provide homework. I am available via email for check-ins or questions during the timeframe of your package. Meetings can occur weekly or biweekly. My focus is on helping you develop what you identify as concrete, attainable goals for your creative practice while efficiently using the time to maximize your benefits.
Here is some of what you can expect:
1. Decide via email a time to meet via Zoom to discuss our mentoring relationship. I help guide you but do not determine all aspects of the mentoring process. The idea is to empower you to self-determine your future and decide your own agenda, goals, and outcomes.
2. Begin to discuss, identify, and shape your needs consistent with your expressed values
3. Complete an in-depth questionnaire that will give me a fuller picture of you, your goals, values, and your learning style. This will help you decide how you want to move forward with your creative goals.
4. Then, we meet over Zoom. I use counseling techniques and generally follow ethical practices as defined by the American Counseling Association. However, my work is neither counseling nor therapy as defined by this credentialing organization.
5. You determine the pace and direction of the work.
6. When indicated, I provide assessments that will help identify your strengths, artistic blocks, self-sabotage behaviors, and physical, cognitive, and emotional factors that interfere with your success.
7. We develop strategies for helping you generate original ideas, and ideas to help your creative practice.
8. Complete the instructor and course evaluations.
Mentoring Activities Commonly Explored in Group and Workshop formats:
Assistance with Professional Practices
◦ Portfolio development
◦ Bio/Artist Statement!
◦ Web presence
◦ Spiritual business
◦ Records and inventory
◦ Networking & communications
◦ Approaching galleries and maintaining relationships
◦ Publishing creative work
◦ Planning and goal setting
◦ Preparing and mounting an exhibition
◦ Critique and feedback on creative work
◦ Application assistance, if relevant
◦ Marketing plan
◦ Business Plan
Support with Psych/Social/Biological aspects
◦ Listen, support, advise, and guide
◦ Encourage development and growth
◦ Overcoming blocks
◦ Strengthens knowledge and access to resources
◦ Developing self-discipline
◦ Offers alternative perspective
◦ Creative Exploration
◦ Source of accountability
◦ Locating a collaborative community specific to your interests
◦ Confidence building
◦ Making the most of your pain
1. If after you participate in a workshop or 1:1 meeting and you are not satisfied for any reason, please contact us for a full refund at email@example.com.
2. If we are forced to change the date(s) of a workshop or 1:1 meeting, we will offer to cancel your registration and refund any registration fees if you do not wish to participate given the schedule change. If 1:1 meetings need to be rescheduled for any reason, parties need to work together to find an alternative date and time.
3. If for any reason you're unable to join a workshop live, you can access the recording at your convenience. We will make the recording available after the workshop (generally within 5 business days). Because computers, networks, and other factors vary widely, we do not guarantee that you will be able to successfully connect to the live sessions, but we are dedicated to supporting you. Please note that we are generally unable to provide technical assistance once a workshop has occurred.
Professional Mentoring for Highly Creative Talent